I wish I could sneeze. I wish I could blink without my eyes burning. I wish I could take a drink without my tonsils feeling like they're going to burst in my throat in protest. Ah...the joy of pink eye(in both eyes, mind you), tonsilitus, and a sinus infection. And all of this on the eve of signing a new lease for my little shop. Part of me wants to be upset that I'm set back in the Re opening of my store, but really, I just want to get better. I feel like absolute crap. It always seems to me that I never really know how good I feel until I feel very very bad. Maybe this is how I'm going to survive moving my entire shop across town?
I'm pretty excited about our new locale...it's HUGE! A whopping 10,000 sq feet of space!! Man, I can't wait to get over this bout of whatever it is that's ailing me and get in there. You know, now that I think about it, I kept wondering...'shouldn't I be nervous about this?' I mean, managing that much space is quite an undertaking. We'll be the largest consignment store in North Georgia!! But I've not been the least bit nervous...I've been anxious and excited and confident about the move. Maybe this illness is my bodies way of exhibiting stress? But truth be told, I just feel right about this place. I had considered many other spaces, but none of them met my hours, space requirements and budget. This new spot is ideal!!! It just feels right.
The one thing I will miss though is Dr. Kent being right next door. We are switching the kids to her before we leave. She has been absolutely wonderful. Her husband and entire staff are some of the nicest people. I really wish I could expand where I am, they are just the best neighbors. She's been so nice to check out the boys and myself when we've not been feeling so hot, and she even saw this young boy who fell in my shop and busted his lip. I will miss my neighbors.
I'm feeling a little loopy right now. I can't seem to break my 102 fever. I haven't seen Miles or Kepler in 3 days or so..and oh how I miss them! I really should be sleeping but the only fever reducer I can find in my entire house is daytime tylenol...the non drowsy kind, and I can't sleep no matter how hard I try!! So I've been finding out what I would do if I had no kids, no job, no car...only the internet and netflix for entertainment...I've watched a lot of music videos, indie romance flicks and wrote this blog. While I've enjoyed it very briefly...I can't wait to get back to my real life!!!
I miss my beautiful babies...they keep me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment