Tuesday, June 08, 2010

1814 we took a little trip...

I don't have a lot of time...but I just wanted to jot down a quick note about how totally awesome Miles is. Today after I picked the kids up from Grandma's, Miles literally directed me EXACTLY how to get from Grandma's to the Dollar Store. No kidding, he knew the exact route. So we finally arrive at the grand ole' dollar store and the kids make their purchases, but not before fully playing with each and every toy within their reach. So Kepler picks out a bouncy ball...very cool I might add, a unicorn on one side and a dragon on the other...just magical. Miles picks out a set of army toys...including a helicopter, convoy truck, semi AND a tank. After doling out the toys in the car..which of course Miles was asked to share with Kepler...the kids are well on their way to fight the bloody british, Miles in a helicopter Kep in a truck, when Kepler starts mimicking Miles. Of course this gets on Miles' nerves and he starts yelling at Kep to stop saying what he is saying. I intervene and tell Miles that that is how little kids learn to talk...by repeating what they hear. So we're back on our way, toys in hand, Kepler still parroting Miles when I hear Miles say...'Missle attack!' And right on cue I hear Kep say 'Missle tack!' AND THEN...I hear Miles say lowly 'Oh no, my truck exploded!' And of course Kep...'Truck 'plode!' And then Miles starts to giggle...uncontrollably! He thinks it's the funniest thing in the world that he pulled a fast one over on his little brother! And I must admit...I giggled too. And then...so did Kep. So the three of us, we giggled all the way home. I don't want to forget this little trip with two of my favorite munchkins~

1 comment:

Micromommie said...

It's amazing how important those little moments are! Love the post! So cute!