Thursday, April 08, 2010

Three Little Pigs...

Two years?? Really? Where has the time gone... I have missed writing about my life and children these past couple of years, as much has changed. It's all been crazy busy and I've just recently came to a point where routine reins in my household.

This moment I am on the verge of tears as I read over my older blogs. My big guy Miles is approaching five! It truly doesn't seem as though it's been that long. I can still picture his sweet sweet face each time I close my eyes. I am missing him now...both as an infant and his presence this week. He's been in Florida with his Nana and other people who love him. I am told he's earned the nick name 'Wild Man'. That's about right~ He is AMAZING. Miles is so intelligent and adapts so well to things. He is a boy filled with emotion and love. He is chivalrous, which he gets from his daddy. One morning after a snow fell, I heard him tell Ben that he was waiting on me. I opened the front door and there he stood with his hand out and told me he was going to walk me to my car so I didn't fall down in the ice. I love him. I love his sweetness. I love his tears. I love his smile. I love his heart. He wants to be an 'Army guy' when he grows up. He and his friend Kingston, he says. He loves head start and we are just now deciding to put him into PreK or Kindergarten next year. Decisions, decisions. I'm confidant that no matter what, Miles will surprise us all with his ability to learn and succeed. He is quite impressive.

And my darling Kepler. The last post I wrote he was just beginning to sit up on his own. I should have wrote more. He has been quite an adventure these two years. Kepler lights me up. His smile is contagious, and I can't help my soul from loving him more. He is my little jokester, always mischievous and looking for something new to explore. He loves to look at books. It came out of nowhere too. We read them stories every night, and that tradition started when Miles was still in the womb. Kepler never seemed to enjoy story time. It was always a fight to get him to sit still while we tried to instill the love of books we have into him. One book. It took one specific book and it changed him. I'm not sure how or why, but it was a book on brothers that got him hooked. This book has actual pictures of little boys instead of the illustrated art. The moment I showed him the brothers fishing and eating worms and doing karate kicks it was like he could see for the first time. It was odd, but awesome at the same time. I think maybe he could relate to the real pictures, maybe he could comprehend what was happening and it was familiar and he was drawn to it. We read that same book for weeks. Now, when Kepler is being a little too quiet for comfort, we usually find him in our bed 'reading' a book. And thinking of it, I'm now pretty sure that's why Kep calls Miles 'Brother'. He never calls him by his name...sweet boys. Ah, that little guy is just a world of happiness.

And...we've had another addition to our little brood. Huxley Titan joined us on December 28, 2009. He is a doll. He looks a lot like the other two, but has his own little image. And the hair!! I'm in love~ He is by far the calmest baby I've ever met. He is now three months old, and the entire time has been easy going and mellow. He's just happy. Just now we are hearing him express himself. He is cooing and babbling and laughing...it's wonderful. His little laugh is like a squeal and to hear it tickles my heart. Unfortunately, I am not able to breastfeed him exclusively like I was able to Kep and Miles. The work I'm doing is different and doesn't really allow full time nursing, even though I'm able to have him with me. And the stresses are different than they were before. Things change and I am currently trying to learn to let go of the guilt and cope with the emotions. I have a strange sense of loss every time I feed him formula, and a huge rush of guilt each time I'm grateful that his meals last longer than an hour. Everything is different with him. It's more relaxing and I really have a desire to enjoy every moment with him. I call myself a 'Stay at Work Mom' since I take him to work with me. I'm not able to accomplish as much work, but I'm able to be a mommy for most of the day. This has came with seeing how fast it passes with my other two boys. With Kepler I feel like I worked away his infancy. I want to get to know my baby, not just get to know how to get him to sleep so I can work. I enjoy when he has his different periods of alertness and he's such a charmer. The ladies that come into the shop are just smitten with him and I am so blessed to have such a lovable baby in my life. I am blessed in general, with all three of my boys. What a life.

I do plan on keeping this more current than every couple of years. There is much to say, lots to remember and even more to love.

No comments: