Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not every baby is the same

As always, it has been quite some time since my last post. But, I have returned.

Since my last post I've had my sweet little boy! He is 6 weeks old already, and it has gone by so quickly. I thought I knew what to expect since Miles survived my inexperience, and quite marvelously I might add, but Kepler has definitely surprised me! The diferences in my two boys is remarkable. Size, personality, features...everything is new to me.

He has won my heart though. He's not as easy as Miles, but he is just as lovable.

I'm not sure if he is harder or if it's just our situation is different. With Miles I was a stay at home mom for the first 10 months or so. I have been back to work with our company since Kep was 2 weeks old. It hasn't been as difficult managing everything like I thought for sure it would be, but the hectic schedule of each day makes me appreciate all the down time I actually get to spend with both Miles and Kep.

I am breastfeeding though, which is something I had been looking forward to for so long. I weaned Miles at 20 months, a little after I became pregnant with Kepler, and it nearly broke my heart. I loved nursing and cuddling my sweet baby. Now that I have the chance to do so again I feel so priveledged. It is quite an honor to nourish and give to your children in the form of breastfeeding.

This second time around though is just as different as my children! First, it's much much MUCH easier! Second, Kepler was 10lbs 9 ozs at birth....and needs a lot to keep up that figure! He is already 14lbs at 6 weeks! That's a lot of milk. I've lost the weight I gained durning my pregnancy, and ironically, it's all owed to his appetite! Now maybe he'll help me shed what was left over from Miles's pregnancy. Let's hope so.

Babies babies. Kepler needs to nurse again, but I did want to take a few minutes to remind myself to think of my kids and write it down so that maybe on a day I'm not feeling so good, or if I feel like it's all going by too fast, I can look back and maybe relive through my journal some good memories, loving emotions and why I get up everyday.

I'll write more for Miles, who is just the coolest kid in the world, as soon as I get a moment! Until then...

No comments: